About the organization
Our customer is a worldwide operating and leading manufacturer of premium beauty care brands. Their philosophy is to strive for the wholehearted satisfaction and enrichment of the lives of people globally and to contribute to the sustainability of the world.
They actively support their employees in their career development efforts and cultivate the abilities of those who aspire to bold challenges by providing each of their employees with challenging roles and responsibilities, fair performance evaluations and appropriate compensation.
Recently they have launched a plan, with the aim of becoming a company with an even stronger global presence. To achieve these goals they are looking to strengthen their team with high-quality and ambitious professionals.
About the role
Our client is undergoing a finance transformation. As part of their plans they have recently implemented a Finance Shared Service Centre in the Netherlands. As Teamlead General Ledger Accounting, you will further support this by setting up and improving the processes and position of the GL team. Depending on team development, the GL department and financial processes the role will evolve over time. This role is a combination of GL activities (day-to-day operation) with tactical and strategical projects. Our client is looking for two teamleaders: one responsible for DACH countries and one responsible for the Nordic countries.
Your responsibilities as a Teamlead General Ledger Accountant are:
- To review the timely reconciliations of all GL accounts
- To coordinate cross departmental month end close activities, judge accruals, deferrals and other close related entries
- Acting as point of contact for GL team members and other international stakeholders
- The completeness and correctness of entries in the books
- Performing review and providing feedback on the reporting packages submitted by accountants from other locations
- Local statutory accounting and coordination with outsourcing partners
- Driving cross departmental process optimization through automation (blackline) and robotization
You play a key role in driving change and efficiency and are focused on continuous improvement. You are a skillful communicator with the ability to influence peers and other business colleagues.
- You have a good business understanding and are a strong team player
- You have a highly flexible attitude and enjoy driving change and efficiency
- You have proven experience in optimizing processes
- You enjoy working in an ambitious team and your driven to become best in class
- Higher professional education in a relevant discipline at least Bachelor level
- Fluent in English and preferably another European language
- Experience in a multinational company and SSC surroundings
- ERP system experience (preferably SAP)
- Pro-active, energetic, no-nonsense attitude
Do you wish to express your interest? Please send me an email and we will discuss further!
I wish you enough!