About the organization
Charlie Temple is the fastest growing prescription eyewear e-tailer in the Netherlands. Our customer promise is delivering the highest quality prescription eyewear for the best price, combined with the best service (next day delivery, return period of 30 days and 2 years guarantee). Charlie Temple was founded in May 2016 and strongly focuses its efforts on customer centricity and growth (~100% per year). In 2017 Charlie Temple made it to the top-10 most innovative e-commerce companies according to Emerce – the #1 Dutch e-commerce portal.
Charlie Temple is a “full stack” scale-up with 40 employees covering the full chain, from production to customer care. It is a very entrepreneurial company that has successfully made it past the startup phase.
About the role
To kick-start their international expansion, we are looking for a native German Country Marketeer with 3-5 years’ experience in e-commerce and performance marketing in Germany. Are you looking for an exciting, entrepreneurial role? Does it sound fun to conquer the German prescription eyewear market with a proven concept? Then this is your job!
In this role you will set up and optimise Charlie Temple’s German marketing activities, to ultimately make them the Amazon of optical eyewear. A growth hacking mindset is essential: you quickly spot the best sales opportunities and make sure that Charlie Temple performs best in class on Cost of Customer Acquisition and Life Time Value (e.g., through repeat purchases). You’re key part of the marketing team, working closely together with the Campaign marketeer and SEA marketeer, and report to the CCO.
The ideal candidate is an allround marketeer with in-depth knowledge and rich experience in media and PR; but equally apt at all aspects of performance marketing and familiar with tools such as Google Adwords, Bing Ads, DoubleClick, Google Analytics, Hotjar, Google Optimize and Mailchimp. Your main goal is maximum performance and customer satisfaction, and use your creativity to rapidly test and analyse your ideas to achieve that.
After a brief general introduction to Charlie Temple in the Netherlands, you will coordinate their marketing activities in Germany. Your main goals are:
- Maximize sales
- Minimize Customer Acquisition Costs
- Stimulate repeat purchase %
- Optimize customer satisfaction
To achieve these goals you will:
- Plan and execute the roll out of all marketing activities in Germany, building on proven practices, but tailored to fit the needs and specifics of the German market
- Define and identify customer segments and regions with highest growth potential
- Minimize the cost of customer acquisition over time, driven by insights from experiments
- Set up and execute performance based marketing experiments and A/B tests in order to scale up when successful and increase the growth;
- Set up and manage media, broadcasting and PR focused on performance
- Set up, oversee and manage email marketing, ultimately steering on maximizing customer retention and repeat revenues, together with the Campaign marketeer
- Set up and manage our German social media pages and social media advertising
- Manage and optimise search advertising, based on proven practices;
- Analyse, report and improve campaign KPI’s and customer base KPI’s;
- Participate in regular marketing meetings to coordinate priorities and activities
Finally, you will be supported by their Head Office when it comes to all operational aspects (IT, Production, Customer Care); you will help them to optimize for the German market e.g., by coaching on specific customer expectations/ requirements.
Do you wish to express your interest? Please send me an email and we will discuss further!
I wish you enough!